In compliance with the French data protection law of 6 January 1978 (France), you have the right to access, rectify or delete personal information concerning you at any time or oppose its use by MWM.
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information MWM may collect and how we may use it:
• When you create a MWM account, purchase a product, download a software update, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information.
• When you share your content with family and friends using MWM products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in MWM services or forums, MWM may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. MWM will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
• The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on MWM’s latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
• We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of MWM account holders.
• From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with MWM, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
• We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve MWM’s products, services, and customer communications.
• If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
All personal information collected by MWM on its websites is used and treated in accordance with European standards governing personal data protection and in pursuance of applicable local legislation and laws, such as may be amended from time to time.
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
• We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an MWM product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
• We may collect information regarding customer activities on our website and from our other products and services. This information is aggregated and used to help us to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
• We may collect and stock information regarding your activity on our services, including your search queries. This information can be used to improve the accuracy of the results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
• With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help app developers improve their apps.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website.. All modern browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Apple website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
At times MWM may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with MWM to provide products and services, or that help MWM market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by MWM to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
MWM shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever MWM operates.
It may be necessary - by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence - for MWM to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
MWM takes the security of your personal information very seriously. MWM online services protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by MWM, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some MWM products, services, or applications or post on an MWM forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your account at https://phase-project.com. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if MWM is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made through contacting email@example.com.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using MWM products and services. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own MWM account, unless their parent provided consent.
If at any time a parent needs to access, correct, or delete data associated with their Family Sharing account or child’s MWM ID, they may contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.
MWM websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
All such communications are examined and replies issued where appropriate as soon as possible. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction. If you ask us, we will endeavor to provide you with information about relevant complaint avenues which may be applicable to your circumstances.